Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Blendshapes using wrong space/ orientation when used on Obi Cloth object?
Hi there,

For my setup I have an Obi Cloth component added to SkinnedMeshRenderer object that also contains blendshapes. These work fine without the Obi component attached, but with it enabled the vertices seem to displace in the wrong direction. I have uploaded a quick recording showing this problem here.

I have tried different update and simulation methods, with and without a proxy, but none of it seems to help. Is this at all possible, or is there some kind of fundamental conflict here?

Important to note: I am using Obi Cloth 3.5 on Unity 2017.4.

Thanks in advance!
(08-07-2019, 01:34 AM)BlueTomato Wrote: Hi there,

For my setup I have an Obi Cloth component added to SkinnedMeshRenderer object that also contains blendshapes. These work fine without the Obi component attached, but with it enabled the vertices seem to displace in the wrong direction. I have uploaded a quick recording showing this problem here.

I have tried different update and simulation methods, with and without a proxy, but none of it seems to help. Is this at all possible, or is there some kind of fundamental conflict here?

Important to note: I am using Obi Cloth 3.5 on Unity 2017.4.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

Obi Cloth does not support blend shapes. Blend shapes change the "rest state" of the cloth, that would involve re-generating the cloth from scratch every time the blend factors change which is very expensive.

kind regards,
(08-07-2019, 08:04 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Obi Cloth does not support blend shapes. Blend shapes change the "rest state" of the cloth, that would involve re-generating the cloth from scratch every time the blend factors change which is very expensive.

kind regards,

Ah, darn! Alright, thanks for your fast answer.

Cheers!