Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi cloth mesh lagging behind a model
I have two issues:

1. The Obi Cloth model is lagging behind my actual skeletal model (see attachment, mind that all vertices are pinned).

2. There is a weird interaction betwen Obi and Final IK. For some reason the model goes into T-Pose if Obi cloth is added even to a child of a GameObject that has the Final IK component on it. I tried changing script execution order in every way possible, but nothing helped. I know this is probably not your problem but I would appreciate if you gave me anything, a hint for instance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(30-06-2019, 12:01 PM)cubrman Wrote: I have two issues:

1. The Obi Cloth model is lagging behind my actual skeletal model (see attachment, mind that all vertices are pinned).

2. There is a weird interaction betwen Obi and Final IK. For some reason the model goes into T-Pose if Obi cloth is added even to a child of a GameObject that has the Final IK component on it. I tried changing script execution order in every way possible, but nothing helped. I know this is probably not your problem but I would appreciate if you gave me anything, a hint for instance.

1.- If your solver's update mode is set to after fixed update, make sure your character controller moves the character in FixedUpdate(). If your solver is set to late update, make sure your character controller scripts move the character in Update(). Each frame, the character movement should always happen before cloth simulation.

2.- There's a thread on this subject, where Partel (Final IK's developer) chimed in to propose solutions:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...t=Final+IK

cheers!
(01-07-2019, 07:01 AM)josemendez Wrote: 1.- If your solver's update mode is set to after fixed update, make sure your character controller moves the character in FixedUpdate(). If your solver is set to late update, make sure your character controller scripts move the character in Update(). Each frame, the character movement should always happen before cloth simulation.

This did not help (see attachment). I set the solver to late update and made sure my script is running before yours - the cloth is still lagging.

I've applied Partel's fix - the IK is now working, but the cloth is still lagging behind.
I really hope you can help me.
Hey, I've just realized that my character controller is being moved in LateUpdate. Does this change anything (my problem still exists)?
Nope, it's actually Update. I was wrong.
Listen, I don't know what to do: I've created a simple project and moved the scripts that move my character into this project, created an animated character and added your cloth - everything works fine. At the same time in my main project the cloth lags. I have no idea what to do. Please, any tip would be very helpful.
(12-07-2019, 01:12 PM)cubrman Wrote: Listen, I don't know what to do: I've created a simple project and moved the scripts that move my character into this project, created an animated character and added your cloth - everything works fine. At the same time in my main project the cloth lags. I have no idea what to do. Please, any tip would be very helpful.

Hi,

Without taking a look at your project, it's pretty much impossible to tell what's happening. If the exact same setup works in one project but does not in another, one thing is clear: they're not the exact same setup.

I'm willing to take a look at it, if you send your project (or a repro scene) to support@virtualmethodstudio.com.

regards,
yeah that's fair. I will work on isolating the issue.
I've sent you a message with my project, please let me know if you've received it.