Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
softbody stretching through floor downward to infinity
Triste 
When I try to make a softbody object using the same setup and solver as the ball in the example ball, the object does not collide correctly with the floor and ends up stretching downward to infinity. Changing the particle or cluster radius has no effect. 

Attached is a gif of the issue. The ball behaves correctly but not my custom object. I have gone through the documentation step by step but cannot find any answers. Please can someone help me understand what is going on and how to fix it?

Huh Huh Huh
(14-06-2019, 08:26 PM)pancakes Wrote: When I try to make a softbody object using the same setup and solver as the ball in the example ball, the object does not collide correctly with the floor and ends up stretching downward to infinity. Changing the particle or cluster radius has no effect. 

Attached is a gif of the issue. The ball behaves correctly but not my custom object. I have gone through the documentation step by step but cannot find any answers. Please can someone help me understand what is going on and how to fix it?

Huh Huh Huh
Hi,

Add a ObiParticleRenderer component to your soft body to see where particles are being generated and what their size and shape is. Enable the "visualize" checkbox in the ShapeMatchingConstraints component. Orange lines should appear joining particles together. Chances are your cluster radius is not large enough to join all of your particles, so increase it if you cannot see lines attaching your particles together.
(14-06-2019, 11:22 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Add a ObiParticleRenderer component to your soft body to see where particles are being generated and what their size and shape is. Enable the "visualize" checkbox in the ShapeMatchingConstraints component. Orange lines should appear joining particles together. Chances are your cluster radius is not large enough to join all of your particles, so increase it if you cannot see lines attaching your particles together.

Thank you. I had not realized that the softbody and skinner need to be reinitialized after each change to the settings.