Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mesh looks distorted after adding ObiSkinner
Hi,

I have an object with a mesh renderer and no bones, I follow the steps and once I add the obi skinner the mesh looks like this.

Before:
[Image: hQyj3VO.png]

After ObiSkinner:

[Image: erJwfo2.png]

Please help, my goal is to make this dummy react to hits from sword and other weapons
(17-05-2019, 04:16 PM)skinwalker Wrote: Hi,

I have an object with a mesh renderer and no bones, I follow the steps and once I add the obi skinner the mesh looks like this.

Before:
[Image: hQyj3VO.png]

After ObiSkinner:

[Image: erJwfo2.png]

Please help, my goal is to make this dummy react to hits from sword and other weapons

Hi there,

What's your object scale? Are there any colliders set up inside of it? Are you using self-collisions?

There's a ton of reasons why this can happen. More information on how exactly you set this up would allow us to do a more accurate diagnosis.
The container scale is 1x1x1 the skinned mesh that is a child of it is 50,35,70 and -90 rotation X

Turning off self collission didnt change anything and I dont have any colliders on the dummy

I will upload a unity scene with the issues download here - https://mega.nz/#!8IV0SYrA!L3Hy5ic76t5Wm...xZKP3DEYIQ
I found the problem is in the scale it should be 1x1x1, now do you have any tips how to make the softbody only be affected by my weapon colliders and not player? Also I wonder if I can reduce the effect of the hit because sometimes the softbody bends backwards and cannot return to its original position
(18-05-2019, 04:02 PM)skinwalker Wrote: I found the problem is in the scale it should be 1x1x1, now do you have any tips how to make the softbody only be affected by my weapon colliders and not player? Also I wonder if I can reduce the effect of the hit because sometimes the softbody bends backwards and cannot return to its original position

Hi there,

For a Unity collider to be "visible" to Obi, it has to have a ObiCollider component attached. This component tells Obi to consider the collider when calculating collisions. So if you only need the weapon colliders to affect the soft body, then add ObiCollider components only to the weapon collider(s). Do not add ObiCollider to your player collider(s).

Note that even if you were to add ObiCollider components to both the player and the weapon, you could still use phases to filter out collisions. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html

To reduce the effect of the hit, you can do several things. Maybe the most immediate one is to reduce the SOR Factor for collision constraints. This parameter is found in the ObiSolver, under Collision Constraints. In plain english, the SOR Factor reduces or enhances the effect of the collisions: set it to 0.5, and only 50% of the collision response will be applied. Set it to 1.5, and 150% of the collision response will be applied. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...olver.html
Ok thanks, I got confused because I disabled the obi collider from the inspector and it still applied the collission, but if I deleted it it stopped applying collission.

So in order to turn it off I have to set the Source Collider to null at runtime, is there another way?

Also last question is about fast moving objects, I havent tested with my sword but I think the swing is way too fast and it will go through the soft body for less than a second and it wont have time to react and nothing will change.