Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be an update to make particles simulate after skinned mesh transform?.
I haven't bought obi cloth yet but what from I read in the documentation, it simulates particles AFTER skinned mesh has been transformed by joint. I want that functionality in obi soft body too.
(08-05-2019, 07:14 AM)Crocomodo Wrote: I haven't bought obi cloth yet but what from I read in the documentation, it simulates particles AFTER skinned mesh has been transformed by joint. I want that functionality in obi soft body too.

Hi there,

Yes, we are working on having this behavior by default. Note that you can choose to call the solver's SimulateStep() function anywhere you want, so you could technically wait for the animation system in Unity to update joints, then call SimulateStep() yourself. Haven't tried this myself though as in ObiCloth, this is achieved in a different way.
(18-05-2019, 05:25 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Yes, we are working on having this behavior by default. Note that you can choose to call the solver's SimulateStep() function anywhere you want, so you could technically wait for the animation system in Unity to update joints, then call SimulateStep() yourself. Haven't tried this myself though as in ObiCloth, this is achieved in a different way.

Is this ready now?