Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to clip soft body
I want to achieve a kind of simulation that the soft body can be picked up by a pair of chopsticks. The problem is that the chopstick is thin and will always pass through the particles. Even I increase the collision iterations. The particles will be pushed away by the chopsticks (use low shape matching stiffness). The particle picker can just pick and drag one vertex. If I want to achieve the whole softbody picked up and clipped by another physical object (rigidbody chopstick). How to setup the softbody? 

Do I need to combine both shape matching and distance constraint ? So the shape matching can maintain volume while the distance constraint can maintain particle's connection (not to be pushed away while collide with chopsticks). Does that mean I need to Obi Cloth ? Is it possible to setup a soft body object using both Obi Cloth and Obi Softybody?
(03-05-2019, 11:00 AM)apapaxionga Wrote: I want to achieve a kind of simulation that the soft body can be picked up by a pair of chopsticks. The problem is that the chopstick is thin and will always pass through the particles. Even I increase the collision iterations. The particles will be pushed away by the chopsticks (use low shape matching stiffness). The particle picker can just pick and drag one vertex. If I want to achieve the whole softbody picked up and clipped by another physical object (rigidbody chopstick). How to setup the softbody? 

Do I need to combine both shape matching and distance constraint ? So the shape matching can maintain volume while the distance constraint can maintain particle's connection (not to be pushed away while collide with chopsticks). Does that mean I need to Obi Cloth ? Is it possible to setup a soft body object using both Obi Cloth and Obi Softybody?

Hi,

Try using handles. They're designed to fix multiple particles at once, so that you can move them using a transform. Or, you can modify the particle picker to work on multiple/all particles at once.

It is not possible to make a ObiCloth/ObiSoftbody hybrid softbody. Each one uses completely different methods to simulate them, with completely different results. You could create your own hybrid actor, using any constraints you'd like by extending ObiActor abstract class, however this requires quite in-depth knowledge of Obi's internals.