Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to optimize particles without leaving green particles around.
Optimize particle always leaves green particles(fixed particles) around blue particles. Those remaining green particles still get used to skinned mesh and affected by the parent's transform. This becomes a problem for my skinned character. Let's say I want the arm to be a Softbody which is parented to a shoulder joint. When I rotate the shoulder joint, Those green particles that creep onto the shoulder area will rotate at full skinned weight causing ugly transformation.

It would be best if we have custom bind functionality so we can precisely paint skin weight on each vertex for each particle. Or at least, just get rid of those green particles and let the original skinned weight to do its job to transform those vertices on the transitional area between Softboded vertices and normal verticed.
(01-05-2019, 07:49 AM)Crocomodo Wrote: Optimize particle always leaves green particles(fixed particles) around blue particles. Those remaining green particles still get used to skinned mesh and affected by the parent's transform. This becomes a problem for my skinned character. Let's say I want the arm to be a Softbody which is parented to a shoulder joint. When I rotate the shoulder joint, Those green particles that creep onto the shoulder area will rotate at full skinned weight causing ugly transformation.

It would be best if we have custom bind functionality so we can precisely paint skin weight on each vertex for each particle. Or at least, just get rid of those green particles and let the original skinned weight to do its job to transform those vertices on the transitional area between Softboded vertices and normal verticed.

Hi there,

The green (purely animated) particles are necessary, as these act as "anchors" for the blue (purely simulated) particles. What we are working on adding is called skin constraints. These bind the blue particles within a radius of the skinned position. By changing this radius, you effectively interpolate between animation and simulation.

Note that this functionality already exists for our cloth asset, Obi Cloth. We just didn't deem it as useful for softbodies, but it's getting added due to popular demand.