Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How to Pause Obi Emitters
Hi,

I've recently bought Obi Fluid and I'm making an oil leak. I wanted to know if there was a way to pause the emitter after one complete emission cycle, and have it stay as it was paused until resolved. If not, is there a way I can do this using references from the source code?

Thanks,

Alex.
(30-04-2019, 07:38 AM)Komsur Wrote: Hi,

I've recently bought Obi Fluid and I'm making an oil leak. I wanted to know if there was a way to pause the emitter after one complete emission cycle, and have it stay as it was paused until resolved. If not, is there a way I can do this using references from the source code?

Thanks,

Alex.

You can control emission flow using the "speed" parameter. By setting it to zero, the emitter ceases to emit particles.

It works kinda like a faucet: speed controls both output velocity as well as amount of particles emitted per second, to ensure as few discontinuities in the flow as possible.
(30-04-2019, 07:50 AM)josemendez Wrote: You can control emission flow using the "speed" parameter. By setting it to zero, the emitter ceases to emit particles.

It works kinda like a faucet: speed controls both output velocity as well as amount of particles emitted per second, to ensure as few discontinuities in the flow as possible.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've just tried this and I can see the particles have stopped. However, the existing particles are still moving about. I was wondering how to freeze their motion so they stay in a fixed position after a certain amount of time has passed.

Thanks.
(30-04-2019, 08:31 AM)Komsur Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've just tried this and I can see the particles have stopped. However, the existing particles are still moving about. I was wondering how to freeze their motion so they stay in a fixed position after a certain amount of time has passed.

Thanks.

In case you want to stop the simulation altogether, disable the solver component.

If you want individual particles to freeze in place after a fixed amount of time has passed for each one, then you'd have to implement this yourself using the particles API:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...icles.html
(30-04-2019, 09:17 AM)josemendez Wrote: In case you want to stop the simulation altogether, disable the solver component.

If you want individual particles to freeze in place after a fixed amount of time has passed for each one, then you'd have to implement this yourself using the particles API:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...icles.html

Your first suggestion is exactly what I wanted, thanks!