Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soft Skin on an Avatar
Hello

I have an animated humanoid model that I wish to give soft skin (skin deforms on collision). I have followed your character setup tutorial for Obi Softbody but it seems designed for bodyparts that do not follow bone animations (i.e. the floppy arms example). Currently the entire skin of my character just flops onto the floor. If I pin parts of it, I can't figure out how to smooth the transition between the softbody vertices and the bone/skinned vertices - the transition between the two areas looks distorted. Maybe I've got it wrong, but it seems that there's no way to have certain vertices affected by both bones and softbody physics (in varying ratios)?

I want my model to remain fully animated, but with soft skin (and some body parts softer and more compliant than others). Do you have a recommendation or guide on what to do to achieve my goal? Or have I misunderstood the capabilities of this tool?

It should be noted that my model also uses Puppetmaster and FinalIK for IK physics. I have set the solver to LateUpdate - is that correct?

Thank you.
Hello again

I have continued to try and get this working but am now fairly convinced what I wish to do cannot be done with Obi Softbody. It's a pity this capability is not part of the product - I would have assumed quite a few people would want this feature.

Is there a possibility of getting my money refunded so I can purchase another product that has this functionality please?

Thank you.