Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with start and end prefabs
Hello,

I am trying to use obi rope to make a snake, with a moveable jaw. I have created my jaw prefab with hinge joints added, and everything is working fine, until I start to try to attach it to my rope/snake.

First, I have 2 objects that make up the head. A top part, and a bottom part, connected by a hinge joint. If i have this hinge joint contraption prefabbed under another object(i.e. this object is the parent of the hinge joint prefab), then chosen as the start or end prefab for the rope it glitches all over the place and eventually disappears. 

If i have the hinge joint prefab NOT parented to another object, and instead it is its own prefab, and try to attach it as the start or end prefab to the rope it is always oriented backwards. The head doesnt stick out, it sticks into the snake. I have tried moving its rotation in the prefab menu, as well as reimporting my model with a reset rotation from my 3d modeling program. but none of that seems to have any effect. 

Using GetParticlePosistion(0), and moving the jaw/hinge-joint prefab at run time to that position doesn't work well either. 

Am I doing anything wrong? How can I make my rope have a nice head?