Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oriented Particle Generation for Hollow Object
I created a 3D sphere (Unity's default sphere) and setup the softbody components for it. I found the oriented particle can not approximate the sphere's surface very well. The oriented particles are distributed on the surface the sphere mesh. Inside the sphere, no particle is generated which results in the sphere has not volume physical effect. How to solve this problem ? Is there a way to generate volumetric particle representation for surface mesh?
(11-04-2019, 05:30 PM)apapaxionga Wrote: I created a 3D sphere (Unity's default sphere) and setup the softbody components for it. I found the oriented particle can not approximate the sphere's surface very well. The oriented particles are distributed on the surface the sphere mesh. Inside the sphere, no particle is generated which results in the sphere has not volume physical effect. How to solve this problem ? Is there a way to generate volumetric particle representation for surface mesh?

Simply increase the size of your shape matching clusters so that they include particles from the other side of the sphere. Since clusters remember the rest position of all particles in them, this results in a fully volumetric simulation.

In Obi Softbody 4.2 (still in development, close to release) we have added an alternative particle generation method, that voxelizes the mesh and then generates particles for each voxel. This is much more performance intensive, though. It results in softbodies with less clusters, but with many more particles.