Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird behavior between Softbodies and Rigidbodies
Just got this asset and it's awesome!

I've been running into some weird behavior though between Softbodies and Rigidbodies.
The scene has one Softbody ball and a Rigidbody cube standing on a plane, the ball lands on the cube normally, but after a little while it starts to slowly slide in one direction, no rotation. On the plane the ball acts as expected.
[attachment=315]
This is the scene setup I have, the ball was originally in the center of the cube. It's not rotating, only tilted to that side while sliding. Worth noting that it's also accelerating.

I'm very new to this asset, so I could very well be doing something wrong, so I'll include all my component values.

[attachment=316]
The ball.

The cube.

The solver.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Cheers!
(05-04-2019, 05:34 PM)Waksra Wrote: Just got this asset and it's awesome!

I've been running into some weird behavior though between Softbodies and Rigidbodies.
The scene has one Softbody ball and a Rigidbody cube standing on a plane, the ball lands on the cube normally, but after a little while it starts to slowly slide in one direction, no rotation. On the plane the ball acts as expected.

This is the scene setup I have, the ball was originally in the center of the cube. It's not rotating, only tilted to that side while sliding. Worth noting that it's also accelerating.

I'm very new to this asset, so I could very well be doing something wrong, so I'll include all my component values.

The ball.

The cube.

The solver.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Cheers!

Hi,

What's the mass ratio between the cube and the soft body particles? If the cube is comparatively very light or heavy, friction forces won't be very precise. In addition to that, using Parallel solving for shape matching constraints won't always conserve momentum, try switching to Sequential mode.
Thanks for the reply.
Did what you said and it is much improved, also found that removing the collision materials removed the behaviour(had some materials for friction).
Think I'll just avoid having softbodies stand on flat rigidbody surfaces ^^