Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interested in fluid to fluid collision
Are there any fluid to fluid collision demos in the plugin?

I'm interested in 2 unrelated ideas.

Lava fluid collide with water fluid to to destroy both particles and instantiate a gas fluid.
Collide "red" fluid with "blue" fluid  particles to create "purple" fluid particles.

I assume you cannot modify properties of an existing fluid so you'd have to instantiate particles of a the third fluid.
(27-03-2019, 10:27 AM)itsallgoodgames Wrote: Are there any fluid to fluid collision demos in the plugin?

I'm interested in 2 unrelated ideas.

Lava fluid collide with water fluid to to destroy both particles and instantiate a gas fluid.
Collide "red" fluid with "blue" fluid  particles to create "purple" fluid particles.

I assume you cannot modify properties of an existing fluid so you'd have to instantiate particles of a the third fluid.

Hi there,

Yes, you can change any of the existing properties of the fluid at runtime, even per-particle. See the FluidMixing sample scene included in the asset for a demo of two fluids (blue and yellow) colliding and chemically reacting to create a third (purple) fluid.

The "Raclette" demo scene shows a fluid changing its viscosity dynamically in response to collision with certain colliders.