Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soft body character controller with rigid body
Hello, im trying to make a character controller for an object that is a soft body.  ive been looking at the sample character in the examples but i cant seem to get my character to move.  it seems that there is just a velocity being set in the character controller but when I try to mirror this i get no response.  If i try to manipulate the transform without a rigidbody it kind of works but then breaks down.  is there some trick to getting obi to play nicely with rigidbody?  thanks!
here are some pictures of the scene i have.  Im trying to get the softbody to roll, right now im just adding rotation to the transform which works great when the parent transform is aligned with the character, but as it rolls away it is evaluating based on a heavily offset transform.  In the example character the parent transform follows the softbody with no problem. 

Any ideas what im missing?

[Image: nyoXhjf.jpg]

[Image: J6hsuMN.jpg]

here you can see the partially rotated transform beginning to be offset as the softbody rolls away.
any ideas?  is there some additional info I can include to make things more clear?
(06-04-2019, 01:04 AM)rubberkidney Wrote: any ideas?  is there some additional info I can include to make things more clear?

Hi,

Can you provide more details about your setup? Is the rigid body a child of the soft body, or the other way around?

Usually you'd want to have the rigidbody and the solver both at the root of the character, then simulate in local space. This ensures the softbody simulation takes place wherever the rigidbody is, following it.