Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Prevent extreme separation of rod from pinned object
Hello there!

I have a rod object that is representing a coiled cable, currently I need to add an option to simulate "wrapping" (as shown in the image provided, a wrapping should be in the place of the two red rectangles), so i've tried adding a pin constraint to the corresponding particles along the rod and they are pinned to a sphere object, that has present the Obi Collider. 

I am able to create this sphere object and pin the corresponding particles, but when the rod object falls it begins to separate and twist until it breaks apart.

Is it possible to pin several particles to a body so that they have no separation, or at leas minimal movement present ? 

[Image: pi50qyA.png]
(22-03-2019, 10:59 PM)muromets Wrote: Hello there!

I have a rod object that is representing a coiled cable, currently I need to add an option to simulate "wrapping" (as shown in the image provided, a wrapping should be in the place of the two red rectangles), so i've tried adding a pin constraint to the corresponding particles along the rod and they are pinned to a sphere object, that has present the Obi Collider. 

I am able to create this sphere object and pin the corresponding particles, but when the rod object falls it begins to separate and twist until it breaks apart.

Is it possible to pin several particles to a body so that they have no separation, or at leas minimal movement present ? 

[Image: pi50qyA.png]

Using pin constraints should suffice. Just make sure the pinned particles aren't colliding with the object they are pinned to, use phases to disable collision between these particles and the collider. Failing to do so will result in constraint fighting (multiple constraints imposing conditions that cannot be met simultaneously), which results in weird/jittery behavior. See:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html