Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ResetActor on torn TearableCloth?
Hi

I'm having an issue with resetting a TearableCloth after it's been torn. The result appears like the extra particles that were made in the tear are being simulated but are stuck in the centre of the actor, and attached bits of the mesh are being rendered black instead of with the correct material.

Also, if I press 'Edit particles' in the editor at this point I get:

Quote:IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Obi.ObiTearableClothEditor.UpdateParticleEditorInformation () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiTearableClothEditor.cs:89)
Obi.ObiParticleActorEditor.OnSceneGUI () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs:247)

I can't come up with any code that avoids the corruption and/or doesn't crash Unity, eg, initializing the Solver and re-adding the actor.

So, first question, is that something that is meant to be supported by ResetActor?

Thanks for your help

Ric
(17-03-2019, 12:06 PM)autopsyturvey Wrote: Hi

I'm having an issue with resetting a TearableCloth after it's been torn. The result appears like the extra particles that were made in the tear are being simulated but are stuck in the centre of the actor, and attached bits of the mesh are being rendered black instead of with the correct material.

Also, if I press 'Edit particles' in the editor at this point I get:

I can't come up with any code that avoids the corruption and/or doesn't crash Unity, eg, initializing the Solver and re-adding the actor.

So, first question, is that something that is meant to be supported by ResetActor?

Thanks for your help

Ric

Hi,

ResetActor won't undo tearing suffered by your cloth. It will only re-position particles and reset their velocities. However it does make sense for it to reset the cloth to its initial state, undoing any tearing operations. We will try to squeeze this functionality in the next update and provide a patch for you as soon as we have it working.

thanks!
(19-03-2019, 08:25 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

ResetActor won't undo tearing suffered by your cloth. It will only re-position particles and reset their velocities. However it does make sense for it to reset the cloth to its initial state, undoing any tearing operations. We will try to squeeze this functionality in the next update and provide a patch for you as soon as we have it working.

thanks!

Ah! That's great, thanks. I've set up a system of duplicating certain gameobjects in order to have them reset when needed, but that's causing some really odd side-effects relating to an Obi Rope I have in my scene, which has left me utterly confused!

I'll wait and hope for a patch, then!

Cheers!

Ric