Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Ideas to improve fly fishing simulation
Thanks for these suggestions. Really helpful! It's starting to resemble an actual fly fishing line. 

Another question: is there are a way to attach an Obi Rope to the end of an Obi Rod? I see that you can attach Unity rigid bodies to Obi objects, but I haven't seen anything about attaching Obi objects together.

I've already used an Obi Rod to mimic the flex profile of a fly rod (see below). That's all good in a visual sense, but the missing ingredient is actually having the line follow the rod tip as it bends. Right now the line, a sibling game object of the rod, is just using fixed particles to position itself. So as the rod flexes, the line doesn't react, i.e. they are being simulated independently.

Ideally, I'd be able to fix the first few rope particles to the final particle at the top of the rod. Is there a way to do that?

Is it possible with scripting? Maybe after the rod's particles have been simulated, I could loop over the rope's particles and make them line up with the nearest rod particles. I doubt it's possible to get this sort of fine-grain control over the execution order of the physics engine and Unity scripts though...

[Image: Fly-rod-loading-and-unloading-swing-vs-s...60x462.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ideas to improve fly fishing simulation - by ChumLee - 21-02-2019, 09:37 AM