Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem of FinalIK and 4.0 ObiAnimatorController
Hello! I am using ObiCloth for normal recalculation after character bone deformation. There was no problem with the combination with FinalIK and ObiCloth so far. I think that ObiAnimatorController which can automatically do to the root of the character is absorbing the delay problem.

However, in the latest version 4.0, when using FinalIK, the mesh applying ObiCloth is deformed, but the mesh not using other Obi got encountered a problem that bone deformation is not done.
This phenomenon can be solved by disabling FinalIK, even if you disable ObiAnimatorController, it will be resolved.
However, in that case, we will use Unity's Animator and one frame delay will occur with the mesh applying ObiCloth and the other skinning parts.

There was no problem until ObiCloth 3.5, ObiAnimatorController was valid and delayed without using FinalIK.
The execution order of scripts using 3.5 and 4.0, the solver, and the update settings of Animator are the same. I tried various things, but it did not solve it.

I think that there is something wrong with ObiAnimatorController in this 4.0. Can you solve this problem?
As far as I'd like to use it back to 3.5,
I also want to use the 4.0 Fluid and Softbody, so I'd like to ask for a solution as soon as possible.

Or, will you release a new component (new asset) only with the normal recalculation function of the mesh that transforms the bone? I think that it is a very pleasing feature for users who were dissatisfied with bone deformation in Unity so far.
(28-01-2019, 02:27 AM)yasuchiki Wrote: Hello! I am using ObiCloth for normal recalculation after character bone deformation. There was no problem with the combination with FinalIK and ObiCloth so far. I think that ObiAnimatorController which can automatically do to the root of the character is absorbing the delay problem.

However, in the latest version 4.0, when using FinalIK, the mesh applying ObiCloth is deformed, but the mesh not using other Obi got encountered a problem that bone deformation is not done.
This phenomenon can be solved by disabling FinalIK, even if you disable ObiAnimatorController, it will be resolved.
However, in that case, we will use Unity's Animator and one frame delay will occur with the mesh applying ObiCloth and the other skinning parts.

There was no problem until ObiCloth 3.5, ObiAnimatorController was valid and delayed without using FinalIK.
The execution order of scripts using 3.5 and 4.0, the solver, and the update settings of Animator are the same. I tried various things, but it did not solve it.

I think that there is something wrong with ObiAnimatorController in this 4.0. Can you solve this problem?
As far as I'd like to use it back to 3.5,
I also want to use the 4.0 Fluid and Softbody, so I'd like to ask for a solution as soon as possible.

Or, will you release a new component (new asset) only with the normal recalculation function of the mesh that transforms the bone? I think that it is a very pleasing feature for users who were dissatisfied with bone deformation in Unity so far.

Hi Yasuchiki,

I'm not 100% sure I understood the issue. I think you mean that in 4.0 FinalIK is not performing bone IK if Obi is enabled? Could you send a small video showing the issue to obi(at)virtualmethodstudio.com?
Hello
I sent a video by email.

I prepared a video to make it easy to understand.
The hair, eyes, clothing etc of the character appearing in the video are all skinned objects.
The only difference is whether ObiCloth is applied.
In ObiAnimatorController 4.01, all objects will move consistently if FinalIK is disable,
When FinalIK is enabled, only the body mesh with ObiCloth moves, it seems that hair, eyes, clothes etc of other characters are left as T - Pose.

Thank you.