Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Proxy Cloth on Skinned Mesh
I've been using Obi cloth for a few months now with some great success, however I've been getting some odd performance when using Proxy cloth on skinned mesh. On tests with non-skinned mesh renderers I get no artifacts or issues, but skinned ones look like the image below. Any suggestions for how to avoid this?
(21-01-2019, 05:02 PM)rjGhost Wrote: I've been using Obi cloth for a few months now with some great success, however I've been getting some odd performance when using Proxy cloth on skinned mesh. On tests with non-skinned mesh renderers I get no artifacts or issues, but skinned ones look like the image below. Any suggestions for how to avoid this?

There is absolutely no difference in how cloth is simulated between skinned and non skinned meshes. At first sight, this could be a scaling issue. Make sure the actual scale of the skinned cloth matches that of the topology. Easiest way to do this is ensuring all transforms up the hierarchy of the root bone have identity scale (1,1,1).

If this does not resolve the issue, we could take a look at your setup in more detail to determine the cause.
(21-01-2019, 07:46 PM)josemendez Wrote: There is absolutely no difference in how cloth is simulated between skinned and non skinned meshes. At first sight, this could be a scaling issue. Make sure the actual scale of the skinned cloth matches that of the topology. Easiest way to do this is ensuring all transforms up the hierarchy of the root bone have identity scale (1,1,1).

If this does not resolve the issue, we could take a look at your setup in more detail to determine the cause.

Unfortunately I looked into that, everything lines up like it should. What's the best way to contact you with details on our setup?
(21-01-2019, 08:40 PM)rjGhost Wrote: Unfortunately I looked into that, everything lines up like it should. What's the best way to contact you with details on our setup?

Hi,

Write to our support email: support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com, or obi(at)virtualmethodstudio.com. If you could send the character mesh/skeleton you're trying to set up it would be great, we could take a look at it to figure out what's happening.

kind regards,