Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiStitcher question.
Hello!

Rope Showcase scene in sample scenes containes example use case of ObiStitcher. I would like to use it, but It's not very clear how to make it work. I haven't found anything about it in documentation, besides short information in component's source header, which wasn't very helpful either. The part that's confusing:

Quote:In edit mode, select the actors to be stitched and then select groups of particles and click "stitch". Or, create stitches by closeness.
1. Is said "edit mode" is enabled by clicking "Edit" on component's inspector? Or is it something else?

2. How should I exactly select particles from different ropes? When having two ropes selected and entering "Edit particles" mode only particles from one of the ropes are visible.
3. Where can I find "stitch" button?
I would appreciate some help in this matter. 
(24-08-2017, 01:23 PM)kkansy Wrote: Hello!

Rope Showcase scene in sample scenes containes example use case of ObiStitcher. I would like to use it, but It's not very clear how to make it work. I haven't found anything about it in documentation, besides short information in component's source header, which wasn't very helpful either. The part that's confusing:

1. Is said "edit mode" is enabled by clicking "Edit" on component's inspector? Or is it something else?

2. How should I exactly select particles from different ropes? When having two ropes selected and entering "Edit particles" mode only particles from one of the ropes are visible.

Hi,

Assuming you want to use the stitcher in the editor, and not at runtime (or "play" mode), these are the steps to take:
1.- Add a ObiStitcher component to any game object.
2.- Put the first actor you want to use into the "First actor" slot.
3.- Put the second actor into the "Second actor" slot. Both actors can be the same one, in case you want to stitch a piece of cloth to itself.
4.- Click "Edit" in the stitcher inspector and drag the sewing tool that appears in the scene view so that its ends are roughly over the vertices you want to stitch. Then click on "Add Stitch" in the inspector to sew them together.
(24-08-2017, 01:23 PM)kkansy Wrote: Hello!

Thanks! 
(24-08-2017, 01:46 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Assuming you want to use the stitcher in the editor, and not at runtime (or "play" mode), these are the steps to take:
1.- Add a ObiStitcher component to any game object.
2.- Put the first actor you want to use into the "First actor" slot.
3.- Put the second actor into the "Second actor" slot. Both actors can be the same one, in case you want to stitch a piece of cloth to itself.
4.- Click "Edit" in the stitcher inspector and drag the sewing tool that appears in the scene view so that its ends are roughly over the vertices you want to stitch. Then click on "Add Stitch" in the inspector to sew them together.

Can I use this for Ropes/Chains as well? Specifically "step 3" having both actors be the same. 
I am trying to create a looped chain but unable to get it done right.

Got it to work, thanks a lot guys.
(21-10-2020, 05:11 PM)SilverStanley Wrote: Can I use this for Ropes/Chains as well? Specifically "step 3" having both actors be the same. 
I am trying to create a looped chain but unable to get it done right.

Got it to work, thanks a lot guys.

FYI, you can easily create looped chains by simply toggling the open/close path in the path editor. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...setup.html
(22-10-2020, 08:32 AM)josemendez Wrote: FYI, you can easily create looped chains by simply toggling the open/close path in the path editor. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...setup.html

Thank you for the info. This is a lot better.