Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mesh resolution boundries
What are there limitation for mesh resolution for clothes? I'd like to use highly detailed 3d scan, as there are many elements I'd like to animate, so normal map I think won't give natural view. Also My 3d scanner can outpul point clouds, as Obi cloth uses particles system, is it possible to use scan points as particles?
(14-11-2018, 11:57 AM)IlyGot Wrote: What are there limitation for mesh resolution for clothes? I'd like to use highly detailed 3d scan, as there are many elements I'd like to animate, so normal map I think won't give natural view. Also My 3d scanner can outpul point clouds, as Obi cloth uses particles system, is it possible to use scan points as particles?

Hi,

There's no limitation on the mesh resolution per se, but of course it all depends on what your performance budget is. The denser the cloth, the slower the simulation will be. For realtime use no more than 10.000 vertices are recommended.

Keep in mind that you don't have to simulate a full-res version of your mesh. You can use proxies to skin a high-quality visual mesh to a much simpler simulation mesh:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...oxies.html

Obi does not support point-cloud input directly (no cloth simulator will), as connectivity data is needed to simulate cloth (and point clouds have no connectivity information). Only meshes will work.
Thanks! So I can just use obj? 
Actually.. I'm not sure if i'm not making a draft on your patient.. The software I use have complex mesh settings, perhaps there's slight chance that you can recommend me exact settings. Here's the software. And the scanner i use is Eva.