Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How to Cloth Reset
Hello.

Recently I bought the ObiCloth and it seems like it mostly works pretty well.

But I've got one question.

I set ObiCloth on the character's( for my project ) skirt, and when the pose changes, I want to initialize ObiCloth as well.

In the forum, someone tells that I can use ResetActor ()
However, when I use ResetActor (), the initial state and what I see as a result are different. That result is not I wanted.

I'll attach a screenshot.
1. just after the runtime
2. End Simulation
3. Run 'ResetActor()'

What I want is to return the skirt as it was in the first image.
(I want it to work like a Rewind button on the Obi particles Edit mode)
(17-10-2018, 10:32 AM)madcatgames Wrote: Hello.

Recently I bought the ObiCloth and it seems like it mostly works pretty well.

But I've got one question.

I set ObiCloth on the character's( for my project ) skirt, and when the pose changes, I want to initialize ObiCloth as well.

In the forum, someone tells that I can use ResetActor ()
However, when I use ResetActor (), the initial state and what I see as a result are different. That result is not I wanted.

I'll attach a screenshot.
1. just after the runtime
2. End Simulation
3. Run 'ResetActor()'

What I want is to return the skirt as it was in the first image.
(I want it to work like a Rewind button on the Obi particles Edit mode)

Hi there,

ResetActor() zeroes out all particle velocities and resets their positions to the position they were originally created in, assuming there are no scaling issues and that the simulation itself runs fine, it should just work.

When you click "Play" in the editor, what are the positions of the skirt particles during the first frame? do they look like in the third pic? or like in the first one?
(17-10-2018, 12:33 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

ResetActor() zeroes out all particle velocities and resets their positions to the position they were originally created in, assuming there are no scaling issues and that the simulation itself runs fine, it should just work.

When you click "Play" in the editor, what are the positions of the skirt particles during the first frame? do they look like in the third pic? or like in the first one?

Hi.
thanks for the fast feedback. when I press the "play", physics simulation starts from "first image" state, and become "second image" state. it doesn't become "third image" stage.

if you need any more information to know, please let me know. I'll answer you.