Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distance Fields Issue (Obi-fluid doesn't stay in glass)
Exclamación 
I'm using Obi-fluid to generate distance fields for a mesh (basically, I'm putting obi-fluid into a drink glass and want it to stay in it), and I'm seeing no distance field being created, and, after clicking generate a second time, I receive this message: InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object...

I've tried exporting the mesh as an OBJ and FBX. I've tried cleaning up the mesh in Maya and triangulating it. I suspect it may be due to the concavity of the object? Don't know how to move forward. Any help would be appreciated!

[Image: Obi.png]
(02-10-2018, 11:22 PM)rebeck14 Wrote: I'm using Obi-fluid to generate distance fields for a mesh (basically, I'm putting obi-fluid into a drink glass and want it to stay in it), and I'm seeing no distance field being created, and, after clicking generate a second time, I receive this message: InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object...

I've tried exporting the mesh as an OBJ and FBX. I've tried cleaning up the mesh in Maya and triangulating it. I suspect it may be due to the concavity of the object? Don't know how to move forward. Any help would be appreciated!

[Image: Obi.png]

Hi there,

Concave objects should not pose a problem, as distance fields do not care about the shape of the object. Could you share your mesh, so that we can diagnose it? (if needed, you can send it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com)
(03-10-2018, 08:54 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Concave objects should not pose a problem, as distance fields do not care about the shape of the object. Could you share your mesh, so that we can diagnose it? (if needed, you can send it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com)

Okay! I'm sending the mesh over now. Thanks!
Hello! What was the resoluton for this problem? I am trying to generate a distance field from a mesh but it ends up empty.
(08-09-2019, 09:09 AM)AVataRR Wrote: Hello! What was the resoluton for this problem? I am trying to generate a distance field from a mesh but it ends up empty.

Make sure the scale of your object is large enough for your distance field resolution to be able to pick it up. Either increase the size of your mesh, or decrease the max error of your distance field.
(09-09-2019, 07:56 AM)josemendez Wrote: Make sure the scale of your object is large enough for your distance field resolution to be able to pick it up. Either increase the size of your mesh, or decrease the max error of your distance field.

Hi there, I have tried using the default bucket asset included in the package. The mesh is called pCylinder1. The distance field generator still cannot pick it up, even at the lowest max error. Triste