Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloth Proxy hangs forever on "Bind"
[attachment=184]
Hello,

I recently discovered that I needed to create a cloth proxy. It is for the trim of a women's dress mesh. I added Obi Cloth Proxy to the new trim mesh, assigned the original dress (ObiCloth) object to the "Particle Proxy" field. I created a ObiMeshTopology for the new trim mesh and generated it, then assigned it to ObiClothProxy's Target Topology field. Lastly, I created an ObiTriangleSkinMap to map between the original dress mesh to the new trim mesh.

Clicking on the new ObiTriangleSkinMap, I assigned the original dress mesh's ObiMeshTopology to the "Source topology" field of the new ObiTriangleSkinMap, and assigned the new trim mesh to the "Target mesh" field. Then I proceeded to "Edit skin map".

Here is the problem. When I click "Bind" the Unity freezes and never unfreezes (I have to use Window's Task Manager to forcefully End Task on Unity). I'm using Unity verysion 2018.2.2f1.

What's happening here? I can't debug it because Unity is completely frozen.

Thanks,
Henry

Update: I let it run for 15 minutes and it finally completed. Is there any way to speed up the process?
(26-09-2018, 01:59 AM)henryh Wrote: Hello,

I recently discovered that I needed to create a cloth proxy. It is for the trim of a women's dress mesh. I added Obi Cloth Proxy to the new trim mesh, assigned the original dress (ObiCloth) object to the "Particle Proxy" field. I created a ObiMeshTopology for the new trim mesh and generated it, then assigned it to ObiClothProxy's Target Topology field. Lastly, I created an ObiTriangleSkinMap to map between the original dress mesh to the new trim mesh.

Clicking on the new ObiTriangleSkinMap, I assigned the original dress mesh's ObiMeshTopology to the "Source topology" field of the new ObiTriangleSkinMap, and assigned the new trim mesh to the "Target mesh" field. Then I proceeded to "Edit skin map".

Here is the problem. When I click "Bind" the Unity freezes and never unfreezes (I have to use Window's Task Manager to forcefully End Task on Unity). I'm using Unity verysion 2018.2.2f1.

What's happening here? I can't debug it because Unity is completely frozen.

Thanks,
Henry

Update: I let it run for 15 minutes and it finally completed. Is there any way to speed up the process?

Hi,

The binding process uses a bvh to quickly find triangles closest to each cloth vertex, it is multithreaded and written using SIMD, so not much performance left to squeeze out of it. Out of curiosity, how many triangles does your hi-poly mesh have?