Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Plugin extrimely unstable with Cloth Simulation. Unity crashes all time
(20-08-2018, 04:29 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

I was closely watching this thread in case you came back with any more info. However Obi does not do anything at all during scene loading/unloading, most code is called during FixedUpdate(), Update(), or LateUpdate(). We will try to reproduce the issue and investigate further.

Thanks a lot. I am really puzzled by this issue because I cannot debug it. Just tried lots fo tests and workarounds to localize the problem. This is indeed a memory corruption and I got so strange unity bugs when it happens. Even rendering bugs sometimes) Also it is a strong correlation on the number of simulated objects and crash rate.
I also tried to destroy solver and all Cloth components just a frame before I unload active level but this not help. I also use UniRx plugin as coroutine holder, but I never had problems with it.
I will try other things but later because I have other urgent tasks to do. For now, this quick workaround with LoadLevel(0) works for me. I will try to simulate this crashes in my test project and if I succeed I will share it with you asap. 
I also want to try latest LTS Unity release

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plugin extrimely unstable with Cloth Simulation. Unity crashes all time - by mmortall - 20-08-2018, 05:59 PM