Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Multiple Precision Issues
(16-08-2018, 03:40 PM)ickydime Wrote: Greatly appreciate the quick and detailed response. 

I completely agree about Marvelous Designer being a better fit. That said, I'm stuck with Unity and real time has hard requirements for this project.  It is the hand I was dealt so here we go. Sonrisa So far your library seems my best option. Writing something custom which isn't in scope (nor do I currently have that kind of physics know-how).  I'd love to use Jim Hugunin's engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCGHXlLR3l8 which is basically what I am trying to force onto your plugin.  Unfortunately he hasn't been responsive. 

In any case, your plugin is very good and I'm still hopeful I can get it close enough that this will work for the requirements I've been given. Thanks again for your help.

Hi!

Totally understand, given your situation then Obi might be a good fit.

Jim's is basically a GPU (compute-shader) based version of Obi, limited to cloth only, and without two-way integration with Unity's physics. Its main advantage is raw speed. I doubt he will be willing to share it though as he's built a very Marvelous Designer-esque software company around it, so it would be against his interests to do so (he would be paving the way for competitors).

good luck with your project! hope my indications are useful to you.

Messages In This Thread
Multiple Precision Issues - by ickydime - 16-08-2018, 02:56 PM
RE: Multiple Precision Issues - by josemendez - 16-08-2018, 03:15 PM
RE: Multiple Precision Issues - by ickydime - 16-08-2018, 03:40 PM
RE: Multiple Precision Issues - by josemendez - 16-08-2018, 04:10 PM