Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Slowed Simulation Problems
(16-08-2018, 11:37 AM)Reiffer Wrote: Hello!

I've recently started using ObiCloth to enhance some of my characters' clothing and I'm in the process of integrating my own slo-mo logic into it (as I'm avoiding using Unity's own timescale).

Recently I've been running into a problem with the clothing deforming and "crinkling" during this slo-mo process. You can see this effect in this gif. You can also see the change that I've made to ObiSolver's LateUpdate (as I saw you recommended in a previous thread) posted below.

Any insight into this would be welcome (I'm also having problems with collisions and clipping but that's a separate issue that I'll bugfix later)!

Code:
private void LateUpdate(){

if (Application.isPlaying && simulationOrder == SimulationOrder.LateUpdate){

// smooth out timestep and accumulate it:
               if (SlowTimeManager.fTimeScaleGlobal != 0)
               {
                   smoothDelta = Mathf.Lerp(Time.deltaTime / SlowTimeManager.fTimeScaleGlobal, smoothDelta, 0.95f);
               }

else
               {
                   return;
               }

AccumulateSimulationTime(smoothDelta);
            SimulateStep(smoothDelta);

}

if (!Application.isPlaying)
return;

EndFrame (simulationOrder == SimulationOrder.LateUpdate ? smoothDelta : Time.fixedDeltaTime);

if (OnFrameEnd != null)
OnFrameEnd(this,null);
}

Hi,

We have been unable to reproduce this by altering the code as per your example. The resulting simulation is completely smooth. Are you positive that:
1.- The solver's simulation order is indeed set to LateUpdate?
2.- SlowTimeManager.fTimeScaleGlobal is always >= 1? (as values smaller than 1 would speed things up instead of slowing them down)

Messages In This Thread
Slowed Simulation Problems - by Reiffer - 16-08-2018, 11:37 AM
RE: Slowed Simulation Problems - by josemendez - 16-08-2018, 02:50 PM
RE: Slowed Simulation Problems - by Reiffer - 20-08-2018, 10:38 AM