Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Making Obi cloth work with sleeves
Hey!

I have a question regarding obi cloth working with an animated character.

Below you can see the sleeves of the character working fine, just like the asset intends:

[attachment=163]

But since the mesh requires a skinned mesh renderer, that part of the robe is bound to the elbow joint.

My problem is that when I rotate the elbow in any way (with animations or directly from the inspector) the simulation works as if gravity was tied to the orientation of the elbow.

[attachment=164]

Hoping there's a way of fixing this directly from the inspector, I guess i can fix it with some rigging trick, but that's not why I bought the asset.
(09-08-2018, 06:58 PM)Bob San Wrote: Hey!

I have a question regarding obi cloth working with an animated character.

Below you can see the sleeves of the character working fine, just like the asset intends:

But since the mesh requires a skinned mesh renderer, that part of the robe is bound to the elbow joint.

My problem is that when I rotate the elbow in any way (with animations or directly from the inspector) the simulation works as if gravity was tied to the orientation of the elbow.

Hoping there's a way of fixing this directly from the inspector, I guess i can fix it with some rigging trick, but that's not why I bought the asset.

How does the sleeve behave when you deactivate cloth entirely? Cloth simulation will closely follow the underlying animation, so if it has the same issue, the only possible fix is correcting the rig.

Also, make sure your ObiSolver component is not sitting in the elbow transform or any transform below it, if using local space simulation mode. If that's the case, then this behavior is to be expected, as this is exactly what local space is for. Just move the solver to the character's toot transform, or any other transform you want to use as the reference space for simulation.