Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi Mesh Topology Generation Issue
After countless times trying to generate a mesh topology, no matter the mesh in question, this error always appears:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
System.Array.Resize[Vertex] (.Vertex[]& array, Int32 length, Int32 newSize) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Array.cs:1919)
System.Array.Resize[Vertex] (.Vertex[]& array, Int32 newSize) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Array.cs:1913)
Obi.ObiMeshTopology.Generate () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/DataStructures/ObiMeshTopology.cs:272)
Obi.ObiMeshTopologyEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiMeshTopologyEditor.cs:70)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1374)
UnityEngine.GUIUtilityLenguarocessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I have made sure the models are 2-manifolds but at this point I don't know what to do. I'm working with 3DSMax for my models. FBX format, skinned and non-skinned.
(31-07-2018, 12:04 AM)Saismirk Wrote: After countless times trying to generate a mesh topology, no matter the mesh in question, this error always appears:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
System.Array.Resize[Vertex] (.Vertex[]& array, Int32 length, Int32 newSize) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Array.cs:1919)
System.Array.Resize[Vertex] (.Vertex[]& array, Int32 newSize) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Array.cs:1913)
Obi.ObiMeshTopology.Generate () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/DataStructures/ObiMeshTopology.cs:272)
Obi.ObiMeshTopologyEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiMeshTopologyEditor.cs:70)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1374)
UnityEngine.GUIUtilityLenguarocessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I have made sure the models are 2-manifolds but at this point I don't know what to do. I'm working with 3DSMax for my models. FBX format, skinned and non-skinned.

Hi! make sure that the mesh is marked as readable (read/write enabled) in the Unity import settings. Non-readable meshes report having no vertices.
(31-07-2018, 11:17 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi! make sure that the mesh is marked as readable (read/write enabled) in the Unity import settings. Non-readable meshes report having no vertices.

Hello, I get the same error message, read/ write is enabled. I even get this error when trying to generate one of your sample planes.  Enfadado
(11-10-2018, 09:09 PM)Slowbud Wrote: Hello, I get the same error message, read/ write is enabled. I even get this error when trying to generate one of your sample planes.  Enfadado

Solved! The next day it worked. Seems a restart of Unity was necessary after installation of Obi Cloth.