Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Holes in the mesh corners when using proxies
(15-06-2018, 09:26 AM)Sewy24 Wrote: Hi Josemendez,

as we need to preserve creases, we will choose the path "tedious work" Gran sonrisaTriste
I have tried it and it works like charm, thanks for the hint!

Thanks you for the technical info, we have discussed it internaly and would like to know:
Is it possible to adjust (simplify) the skinning algorithm for giving better results, if we provide it only simple thick meshes without multi-layers and self-intersection?
  • The idea is to use this different algorithm for simple meshes (as described before) - this should give 100% correct skinning for this meshes.
  • For more complex meshes use the default provided algorithm and fine tune it by hand.
Kind Regards,

Hi!

I'm thinking about exposing the weights used by the current skinning algorithm. This way you could prioritize distance/orientation/barycentric criteria. In your case, using 100% distance, 0% orientation and 0% barycentric would yield perfect results automatically as it would completely ignore normals (orientation) and barycentric coords of the projection. I will look for a way of doing this in the next release.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Holes in the mesh corners when using proxies - by josemendez - 15-06-2018, 10:19 AM