Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Holes in the mesh corners when using proxies
Hello,

first of all, great asset!

I am currently trying to integrate Obi cloth to our project and I am dealing with this problem:
- 1. When I create a box-like mesh on the pic1, and using proxies to simulate only one side, there is a little distortion of lengths at the corners (any bigger angles) pic2. 

- 2. When I create the same box-like mesh in the curved shape (in proxy, I simulate the "inside"), in simulation, the edges are unwelded and there are holes at the corners ((any bigger angles)  pic3 (only example, it can happened next to the pinned or next to the unpinned as well). This is always happening on the same position (until re-initializing, then it can move somewhere else)
(Both meshes are not skinned.)

- 3. When applying the same to the trenchcoat from your demo (switching the Skinned Mesh Renderer to Mesh Renderer to have the same state) there are no holes (only distrotion from 1st bullet occures)

The 1st bullet is not much an issue so far (though if you have solution for the edge distortion, It would be perfect)
2nd bullet is a big issue as you can see, we cannot use it in that state. It's best visible on the curved meshes.

Please, do you have any idea, where the problem is? The meshes are basic and were created in 3D max - box and extruded half-cylinder .
All cloths have the same Solver and same parameters.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Holes in the mesh corners when using proxies - by Sewy24 - 28-05-2018, 01:30 PM