Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Obi cloth does not properly work for models stitched to an existing skeleton.
(14-05-2018, 12:35 PM)cubrman Wrote: Well I tried embeding the image I attached to my post (the link) and it did not work - the preview did not show the image properly and I did not want to chance posting it - I just left a link. I even tried specifying the size. Try it yourself - I use Chrome.

I saw the attach button and I used it, but after I submitted the form I got an error saying that such format (.rar) is not allowed. I never ran a forum, maybe I am just ignorant, but I feel like being able to attach a .rar file in a support forum is quite a necessity. I find it hard to believe that there are so many people willing to attach malevolent content. At the same time I found a way to sidestep this limitation which renders it useless.

Huge thanks for a prompt reply. I've changed the root bone this way:

var skinnedMeshRenderers = sourceClothing.GetComponentsInChildren<SkinnedMeshRenderer> ();

foreach (var sourceRenderer in skinnedMeshRenderers)
{
sourceRenderer.bones = TranslateTransforms(sourceRenderer.bones, boneCatalog);
sourceRenderer.rootBone = targetAvatar.transform;   /// <- Changing the root bone.
}

And now I can paint the values and editing works fine, however, when I reload the project the Obi mesh is not aligned with the actual mesh:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2u7wxma.jpg

[Image: 2u7wxma.jpg]

This can be fixed by pressing the "Play" button and it is no longer a problem for me, but I wonder if I've missed something again?

P.S. Alright this time the image seems to have embeded fine, maybe the problem was with my hosting service (piccy.info) or with the image size, still I would check this issue if I were you.

Btw, I don't know how hard it is to implement a CTRL+Z functionality for your "Edit particles" mode but it is badly needed.

Hi there,

The avatar transform is not the root bone, in fact it is not even a bone.

The root bone of a skeleton is usually the pelvis bone (I believe yours is named "pelvisZ"), which is always a child of the character transform and which might (usually does) have a different local orientation and of course, position. This is most likely the source of your issue: your pelvis bone is rotated 90º relative to your character transform, and way up higher that the character transform (which is usually at the floor, between both feet).

The solution is easy: simply use the character SkinnedMeshRenderer's root bone as the cloth SkinnedMeshRenderer's root bone.

Most particle editor operations work together with Unity's built-in undo system (regular crtl-z), can you specify what operation is not undone by using ctrl-z?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obi cloth does not properly work for models stitched to an existing skeleton. - by josemendez - 14-05-2018, 01:17 PM