Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WaitForAllTasks randomly uses too much CPU, and performance optimization suggestions
(02-05-2018, 05:55 PM)Devver Wrote: Hi, josemendez, thanks for your answer.  Sonrisa

However, please notice in the screenshot, that that's not related to the fixed timestep and multiple calls in the same frame, as that spike is for just 1 call in that frame. We're using the same timing for update and fixed update calls, as you can see below. Also, here's one more screenshot showing a spike using these timings (for 60fps) on the clean project:

[Image: LZ4gXKI.png]

[Image: n6hjG3V.png]

As you can see, it's narrowed down to a single call specifically to Oni.WaitForAllTasks(), and doesn't seem to be affected by Unity's own physics calculations.
There are no such spikes whatsoever when temporarily disabling the ObiSolver component, and we aren't affecting any rigidbodies with ropes in this project, they're purely visual, and all colliders are set as kinematicForParticles.

Changing the "Maximum Allowed Timestep" doesn't change this behavior in any way, as it's already just 1 call in those frames. There's a better official documentation on that value in this post: https://forum.unity.com/threads/what-is-...st-2139556
I've also tried setting it to the minimum and higher values, just to be sure, to no avail.

I can send you the project so you can take a closer look if you can. (It's really just a clean new project though).

These high spikes are rendering the application unusable in VR, and I really need your help with that.

Thanks again.

Hi,

Sure, you can send the project to support (at) virtualmethodstudio.com for me to take a look at it. We haven't seen this behavior before, frame times stay quite stable in all platforms we've tried (including Oculus and Vive).

Messages In This Thread
RE: WaitForAllTasks randomly uses too much CPU, and performance optimization suggestions - by josemendez - 03-05-2018, 08:34 AM