Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
License
(14-03-2024, 01:32 AM)bad.penny.games Wrote: I am tagging onto this thread because it exists and has a very general title.

I am a solo developer and am trying to hire a sound designer to help me. They need to download the repo which is otherwise private. Is there a way to remove part of Obi Rope from my project such that it still runs in the editor but does not violate the license?

I'm having to remove a lot of packages like RayFire because it's $200 a pop, so I thought maybe it's possible to make Obi Rope runnable without being editable, or something.

Obi Rope is pretty central to my project because the player has a vacuum cleaner and I'm using Obi for the hose (and it is awesome). So if no alternative, I will just buy a second license and assign it to the sound designer (who is part of my Unity Organisation) even though they won't know it's there. I am very careful with licenses and don't want to break the rules.

Thanks!

Hi there!

Obi’s license is per seat, all code is included with it and editable should you need to make any changes to it. This said, at the end of the day there’s no way to enforce proper use of licenses in practice, so it is entirely trust based.

If it’s only going to be another dev helping you and you trust him to not distribute Obi, then I trust him too. Sonrisa

Kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
License - by Mateusz_Madein - 20-07-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: License - by josemendez - 21-07-2017, 06:09 PM
RE: License - by tobateksingh - 03-09-2019, 03:19 PM
RE: License - by josemendez - 03-09-2019, 06:08 PM
RE: License - by bad.penny.games - 14-03-2024, 01:32 AM
RE: License - by josemendez - 17-03-2024, 10:39 AM
RE: License - by bad.penny.games - 19-03-2024, 10:31 PM