Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Constraints unexpected behaviour in build
Hi,

I have a rope with static attachment on one side and dynamic on the other. The rope should not stretch as there is an object on the dynamic attachment end. In editor, I can achieve that - distance constraints seem to work very well, even with low number of substeps (6). I can get the object hanging and the rope not stretching.

As soon as I build and run this example, the rope just stretches indefinitely with the object falling down (without changing the code).
I have tried with more substeps, but nothing seems to fix the issue in build.

Can you help me identify the problem? What are some of the things that you think can cause this behaviour?

TLDR; Different behaviour (distance constraints) in Editor and Build

Thanks in advance
Hi!

Are other constraints (collision, bending, etc) working correctly in the build?

What platform are you building for? Which backend are you using? Only possible thing that comes to mind is that you're building for a platform not supported by the backend in use (for instance, WebGL in Burst, or M1 mac in Oni), in that case the simulation won't be performed at all.
(19-03-2024, 11:59 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

Are other constraints (collision, bending, etc) working correctly in the build?

What platform are you building for? Which backend are you using? Only possible thing that comes to mind is that you're building for a platform not supported by the backend in use (for instance, WebGL in Burst, or M1 mac in Oni), in that case the simulation won't be performed at all.

Yes other constraints are working, and in other project it is working fine.
I am building with for Windows in Burst. Running on the same PC as the editor
(19-03-2024, 12:04 PM)natko1412 Wrote: Yes other constraints are working, and in other project it is working fine.
I am building with for Windows in Burst. Running on the same PC as the editor

Then there should be no reason for distance constraints to stop working in the build. Are you modifying constraints or constraint parameters at runtime?

Would it be possible for you to share the player log, to see if there's something going on that might be preventing the simulation from working in the build?
(19-03-2024, 12:06 PM)josemendez Wrote: Then there should be no reason for distance constraints to stop working in the build. Are you modifying constraints or constraint parameters at runtime?

Would it be possible for you to share the player log, to see if there's something going on that might be preventing the simulation from working in the build?

Unfortunately, the log files shows nothing, no errors or anything related to Obi. I am not modifying anything at runtime, but I will check again more thoroughly and get back to you.