Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Rope GC allocation
Hey Guys,

I just bought Obi Rope fantastic job it works great.

I couldn't find a unity forum so I'll ask here - the only issue I have with using it in game is the Garbage Collection that's getting allocated most frames, is there any way you can reduce that in the next update? I'm working on a VR game and that'll soon add up at 90 fps

Thanks
Taz
(18-07-2017, 05:40 AM)tazcebula Wrote: Hey Guys,

I just bought Obi Rope fantastic job it works great.

I couldn't find a unity forum so I'll ask here - the only issue I have with using it in game is the Garbage Collection that's getting allocated most frames, is there any way you can reduce that in the next update? I'm working on a VR game and that'll soon add up at 90 fps

Thanks
Taz

Hi Taz,

The last version already saw pretty big improvements in allocation. Right now it should only allocate a very small amount every frame, and a larger amount when the lenght of the rope increases the first time.

We'll are looking into achieving zero allocation during most frames, but we still don't know if it will make it into the next release.

cheers,
(18-07-2017, 05:15 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Taz,

The last version already saw pretty big improvements in allocation. Right now it should only allocate a very small amount every frame, and a larger amount when the lenght of the rope increases the first time.

We'll are looking into achieving zero allocation during most frames, but we still don't know if it will make it into the next release.

cheers,

great news thanks bro, look forward to it Guiño