Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding ObiEmmitor gameObject in code
I have been playing around with it. Several things seem strange.

I set the speed of the emitter to zero at the beginning. Both emitters use the same renderer on the camera and they use the same solver... seems like that is how it is supposed to be. I tried using two solvers but that got really heavy for my system right from when I pressed play.

So they ought to be using the same materials?

Each emitter has a Obi Particle Renderer, a Obi Emitter and a Obi Emitter Shape. They both use the LowResolution emitter material and the same solver. 

One emitter is on the end of the gun, so that the gun fires the particles... I did get that to work at one point, but all the particles only had one color and seemingly no material. Right now they are just invisible. When I shoot the gun, no matter where I shoot, it seems they hit the water in the bucket that came from the faucet. They also end up hitting the items I am aiming at though and pushes them around.

I have set the shooting timer to 0.3 seconds, yet it seems to be able to create more than 60 particles, and I set the speed for the emitter to 6. I started out setting the timer to 1 second and the particle limit on the emitter to 75 and it shot off all 75 within that one second with the speed set to 6.

I suspect the gun and using its emitter affects the faucet emitter as well somehow. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit: Seems it now even fired all 150 within the 0.3 seconds. I cannot see them so I have to rely on the emitters active particle count. Maybe the iterations set on the solver affects this? I also experimented with the faucet, and I can see that every time I activate the gun emitter, some of the particles also end up coming out of the faucet again. All the new particles are invisible though, and they do not count on the faucet emitter, only on the guns emitter.

I enabled the "render" option on the emitter, so now I can see the particles as spheres... which added a bit more strangeness. When I shoot the gun, it shoots particles. They are green... the faucet also emits particles, they are light blue. If I set the faucet emitter to render, its water particles become white. So 3 different colors... and I am not sure where they are coming from. The particle color on the faucet is its default, which is light blue, near white. The particle color on the gun emitter is a darker blue. So not sure where the green comes from... the gun is green though, so maybe it comes from the texture on the gun which is the parent of the emitter?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adding ObiEmmitor gameObject in code - by Caldor - 30-03-2018, 09:26 PM