Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Cloth with dense mesh
My GameObject has a big mesh (about 20000 vertices). There wiil be a lot of particles if i use ObiCloth. Are there any possible way to avoid lag when simulating? I use Obi Cloth latest version with Unity. Please help me !!!
(13-07-2017, 09:16 AM)matchalover Wrote: My GameObject has a big mesh (about 20000 vertices). There wiil be a lot of particles if i use ObiCloth. Are there any possible way to avoid lag when simulating? I use Obi Cloth latest version with Unity. Please help me !!!

Hi matchalover,

Obi (or any realtime cloth simulator, for that matter) is just not designed to work with such huge simulation meshes. Although you can get away with decent performance in some cases, it requires some well-directed parameter tweaking: amount of iterations in your solver, use of tether constraints, etc.

Also, it depends on how powerful your target device is, of course.

You might get better performance by using proxies. They allow you to use a lower-resolution mesh for the simulation, and transfer its movement to a denser mesh. Note that while the simulation itself will be much faster, transferring motion from one mesh to another is not free in terms of performance. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...oxies.html
Thanks for your help !