Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Fuild pass through container Oculus Quest 2/ Hand interaction
(01-03-2023, 08:09 AM)Harish Wrote: Hi josemendez,

I tried with the rigidbody.MovePosition() with grababble script but it is not working as expected. Kindly update me on this.

Thanks,
Harish

Hi Harish,

The included FaucetAndBucket sample scene uses a kinematic rigidbody that allows the user to interact with a fluid container, without any tunneling/missing collisions. The WhiskeyBottle sample scene also showcases a kinematic rigidbody, you can try increasing the rotation speed in the Rotator component quite a lot without any issues (roughly up to 360 degrees/second).

Both are moved by setting its transform position -which yields worse results than MovePosition()-, but as long as the rigidbody has some velocity collisions shouldn't be missed. This can be achieved by either making the rigidbody kinematic, by using MovePosition(), or by driving a non-kinematic rigidbody using forces/impulses/velocity deltas.

Note though that MeshColliders are very brittle when it comes to collision detection against small objects, because their surface is infinitely thin. If you find MeshColliders too brittle, Obi includes an alternative collision primitive called distance fields. These are both cheaper and more robust than MeshColliders.

let me know if I can be of further help,

kind regards

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuild pass through container Oculus Quest 2/ Hand interaction - by josemendez - 01-03-2023, 08:26 AM