Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi Rope Collisions
Hi,

I realize that I may be beating a dead horse here, but I have read through some of the forums about my current issue but I have been unable to get this working.

I am currently working on a VR project that teaches med student on how to use a defibrillator. This entails using ropes (Obi Rope) to connect various plugs and pads that would connect to the defibrillator. That said, all of my cables go straight through, well everything, and this is with Surface-based collisions checked. All of these objects have colliders and Obi Colliders attached to them. I have played with the settings of the Obi Solver as well as the rope blueprints with no success. I have also tried to change the Fixed Timestep for tunneling with no change in the ropes behavior. If anything changing this makes the ropes behavior erratic.

I am happy to share the project file if that will help.

On another note, I am also trying to stitch two ropes together and I am sorry to say, this looks bad lol. I am trying to have them stitch together at a specific point. I am using the Obi Stitcher script. If I do not add a stitch count then nothing happens at all. If I add a stitch then they connect but not how I would like to see them attach. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

[attachment=1674][attachment=1672][attachment=1673][attachment=1671][attachment=1670]

Messages In This Thread
Obi Rope Collisions - by JohnnyCircuits - 08-02-2023, 05:11 PM
RE: Obi Rope Collisions - by josemendez - 08-02-2023, 05:23 PM
RE: Obi Rope Collisions - by JohnnyCircuits - 10-02-2023, 03:37 PM
RE: Obi Rope Collisions - by josemendez - 10-02-2023, 04:12 PM