Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ragdoll character passing through rope unless thickness is increased
(22-11-2022, 08:34 AM)josemendez Wrote: Negative values make the collider thinner (positive values make it thicker, and 0 leaves it its its default thickness) so using a negative values will of course make the problem worse.

This is a static cube, so it doesn't apply any forces to the ragdoll: it just kinematically projects any penetrating colliders outside of it. It doesn't relate in any way to a rope. I would expect the ragdoll to collide correctly against any static geometry.

Yes, I suspect the problem lies in the way the active ragdoll is implemented, and how it controls the rigidbodies. From your first video, it's clear that the ragdoll is largely ignoring the forces applied by the rope: it's as if only a small percentage of the force imparted by the rope is actually affecting the rigidbodies. Obviously, the larger the ragdol collider and/or the particles, the more time they spend overlapping each other so these small force is applied during more frames, which amounts to a larger net force, hence the feeling that it works better when you make colliders thicker.

If possible, could you share a small scene/project that reproduces this issue? I think that's the fastest way for us to sort this problem out.

kind regards,

I will send a link that contains the project files so you can take a look, I created a small scene with just a falling ragdoll, no forces applied to it, so its just a normal dead ragdoll, the problem is still there.

I will send it to that email you provided me

EDIT: Email sent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ragdoll character passing through rope unless thickness is increased - by Milionario - 22-11-2022, 02:55 PM