Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ragdoll character passing through rope unless thickness is increased
(21-11-2022, 04:05 PM)Milionario Wrote: Hi, I tried your solutions.
Please watch my video, you can watch it at a higher speed to save time if you need!

Hi,

Seems like your character isn't reacting to the rope the way a rigidbody is supposed to, which is quite strange. Increasing the mass of the rope should make the character pretty much stop right dead in its tracks, but instead it basically ignores the rope .-which is quite the opposite of what should happen-, and this is the case even when increasing the radius/thickness of the rope. Basically everything in the video is behaving in a really strange way.

Am I right in assuming your character is a ragdoll made of Rigidbodies? Do all your ObiRigibody components have the "kinematic for particles" option disabled?

Could you give some more information about how you've set your ragdoll up, and how the active ragdoll works?

If it's possible for you, you can share your project (or a reduced version of it) and I will take a closer look to diagnose the problem. You can share it by sending to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com.

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ragdoll character passing through rope unless thickness is increased - by josemendez - 21-11-2022, 04:21 PM