Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Rope + Filo Cable
(24-11-2022, 10:34 AM)rohit_dhak Wrote: Thank You for your reply.

I have another stupid question, since I'm still fairly new to this.

I see that in Obi Rope's crane scene, there is no obi solver.
So I have some confusion why in some scenes there is an obi solver and there isn't in others.

Hi!

All scenes have an ObiSolver component somewhere, otherwise they wouldn't work at all.

Just search for ObiSolver in the hierarchy search bar, Unity will show you the location of the component in the hierarchy, and highlight the GameObject that contains it in the scene view. In this case, it's located in the "Crane" GameObject:

[Image: vRJYHbQ.png]

(24-11-2022, 10:34 AM)rohit_dhak Wrote: So can i just add an obi solver to my scene where i copied the rope object from crane scene. Or is it wrong to do something like that.

Creating your own components in Unity is never wrong, in fact that's what you should do most of the time Sonrisa.

In Obi, any actor that you want to be simulated needs to have a solver up their hierarchy, regardless of where it comes from: copied from another scene, or created by you. Just be careful when you copy solvers from other scenes, since sometimes their parameters are adjusted for that specific scene and won't work well in other situations.

For instance, if a scene doesn't use bend constraints, the solver will have bend constraints disabled. But you might need too use them in your scene, so if you copy the solver over to your scene you will need to remember to enable them back.

kind regards.

Messages In This Thread
Obi Rope + Filo Cable - by rohit_dhak - 16-11-2022, 10:14 AM
RE: Obi Rope + Filo Cable - by josemendez - 16-11-2022, 10:45 AM
RE: Obi Rope + Filo Cable - by rohit_dhak - 24-11-2022, 09:35 AM
RE: Obi Rope + Filo Cable - by josemendez - 24-11-2022, 10:03 AM
RE: Obi Rope + Filo Cable - by rohit_dhak - 24-11-2022, 10:34 AM
RE: Obi Rope + Filo Cable - by josemendez - 24-11-2022, 05:06 PM