Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Creating a bungee jumping rope
Pregunta 
Hi everyone! I'm new with the ObiRope, and not an advanced-level game developer. 

Here is my case:
I am working on a bungee jumping game.
I've created my scene(character, platform, ObiRope, RopeBlueprint, ObiSolver, etc.) and copied the settings from the Crane sample.
Connections and rope work, but not in the way I want.
There will be 2 variables in each game level (Weight of the character and height of the platform).
According to those 2, the rope length (at the beginning) will change.

My Issues:
- When I set the rope length by using "cursor.ChangeLength", it sets if the stretching scale is 1. But in that case, the rope seems to be stretched, but it is not in the way as it is in the crane.
- If I set the stretching scale lower than 1, the rope gets shortened and I can no longer set the rope value to the value I want.
- I am trying to apply the formula I prepared for elongation and shortening. What should I do to achieve that? If it's possible with the current settings that are available on Inspector, I would try to find the best option. But, when I find a solution for a specific character weight and rope length, it doesn't apply to all the variables I have in the project. 
- Also, when the rope reaches the maximum elongation point (or I think I can say the maximum restLenght) and starts getting back, the character nearly gets to the point where it started to drop. So, I want to edit vertical damping as well. 

If you could help me with those issues, I would be so happy. Thank you so much in advance! Sonrisa

Messages In This Thread
Creating a bungee jumping rope - by HazarS - 27-08-2022, 09:32 PM
RE: Creating a bungee jumping rope - by HazarS - 29-08-2022, 01:46 PM
RE: Creating a bungee jumping rope - by HazarS - 30-08-2022, 01:34 PM