Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting softbodies at runtime
hey, thanks for the quick reply!

I should've clarified a little more I guess. I'm working with a flat '2D' mesh (currently experimenting with unity's inbuilt quads), and eventually I'm going to turn those squares into rectangles or other square-like objects.

My current in-editor blueprint settings for the quad are voxels with a generated resolution of 6. Considering I will only be generating one layer of particles for all meshes after slicing, will this dramatically lighten the load and improve performance, or would this have next to no effect? I'm guessing that I can also cover it up with some graphics shenanigans.

I did find a topic from two years ago that touched on this, but I'm not really sure if newer Obi versions have a more optimal way of dealing with this.
--> http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...p?tid=2269

On the topic of 2D and 3D, I've found that somewhat accurately simulating around 28 (at most) 3D softbodies with my 3090 with a voxel count of 14 would be about the limit before my frames crash landed to about 2 fps. Would any performance optimizations be possible, that could perhaps break the 30+ barrier? (it was actually due to this performance limitation that I switched to a mostly 2D focus).

thank you :)

regards,
-woffles

Messages In This Thread
Cutting softbodies at runtime - by woffles - 23-08-2022, 12:15 AM
RE: Cutting softbodies at runtime - by josemendez - 23-08-2022, 07:30 AM
RE: Cutting softbodies at runtime - by woffles - 23-08-2022, 08:13 AM
RE: Cutting softbodies at runtime - by josemendez - 23-08-2022, 09:00 AM
RE: Cutting softbodies at runtime - by woffles - 23-08-2022, 12:19 PM
RE: Cutting softbodies at runtime - by josemendez - 23-08-2022, 04:41 PM
RE: Cutting softbodies at runtime - by woffles - 24-08-2022, 01:23 AM