Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
white particles are rendered completely clear
Thanks for the in-depth explanation once again!

I suppose I'm stuck with using two fluid renders. It actually looks better than I expected, just rendering the clear fluid on top of the white fluid is cleaner than the mixing effect with both fluids on the same semi-transparent renderer.

Sorry to keep taking up your time, but if there is no way around using a semi-transparent renderer I would really appreciate some help with the resulting issues:

- The shadowmap resolution is way too low, even with the resolution in the light set to very high. Probably because my particles are very small though since I'm working with real-world scale. The shadows also look hard, or at least significantly less blurred than you would want. As far as I can tell the hard / soft setting of the light only affects shadows cast by the fluid, but not the ones received.

- Is there any way to disable dithered shadows? I think the shadows could look pretty good if the resolution was higher, but the dither pattern is going to look nasty either way. I'd much rather have the fluid receive no shadows from transparent things at all.

- As you can see the fluid shadow received from the mortar is disconnected from the mesh, I really need to adjust the bias and near plane specifically for the fluid shadowmap while keeping the current settings for the rest of the scene, which means I have to use a separate light that only affects the fluid. I can't do that though because the fluid doesn't inherit its layer from the emitter or the fluid renderer gameobject and instead always ends up on the default layer, which means I would have to create a new default layer and replace it on every other object in my scene. Is there a less obvious way to affect the layer the fluid is rendered on that I'm unaware of?

Messages In This Thread
RE: white particles are rendered completely clear - by locque - 13-07-2022, 12:50 PM