Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  fluid collisions
(24-05-2022, 09:08 AM)sinannsekerr Wrote: In video, i am controlling the ground for move player.

When i touch the droplet, droplet's dynamic friction has to be 1 to move with my player. How should i do this? Thanks for answer!

You cannot have different friction coefficients for particles that belong to the same emitter.

However, even if your droplets are part of different emitters fluid particles do not collide with each other as warned in the manual:

Quote:Please note that fluid particles do not collide with each other, only granulars (gravel, pebbles) do. Fluid particles interact with each other trough density constraints, so there will be no contacts between fluid particles reported by the solver. With fluids, you can use advection or diffusion instead to get information about a particle's neighborhood.

If fluid particles would collide, they would behave like solids instead. Fluids interact trough density constraints, and the only way particles can exchange information with each another is trough diffusion.

You will need to rethink how to implement your use case, since there's no concept of "droplet" in Obi: you cannot directly detect when two droplets collide or interact with each other, and each droplet cannot have different friction coefficients. There's no concept of "wave" or "splash" either, these structures automatically emerge from the particle-based simulation.

Messages In This Thread
fluid collisions - by sinannsekerr - 24-05-2022, 07:23 AM
RE: fluid collisions - by josemendez - 24-05-2022, 08:39 AM
RE: fluid collisions - by sinannsekerr - 24-05-2022, 09:08 AM
RE: fluid collisions - by josemendez - 24-05-2022, 09:17 AM
RE: fluid collisions - by sinannsekerr - 24-05-2022, 02:53 PM
RE: fluid collisions - by josemendez - 25-05-2022, 07:45 AM
RE: fluid collisions - by sinannsekerr - 25-05-2022, 01:10 PM