Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
handles on Obi Rope cause twitching
(11-04-2018, 10:39 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

I replicated your scene as you described it, but I'm unable to reproduce the issue. The rope works perfectly smooth for me, using the sample character controller found in the Unity docs (which uses CharacterController.Move()). See the attached video, maybe you spot any difference between your scene and mine?

The video seems to replicate my example. Of course my scene is more complex but my explanation and your video is basically doing what is happening in my game scene.
I've managed to figure out that it does not occur in a standalone version of the game. The twitching is gone in standalone but is still there in the editor (which is fine for now) but now the handle seems to lag behind the object it is supposed to follow, maybe this has to do with it being in LateUpdate?
Should I have the solver use FixedUpdate or LateUpdate? I'm not really sure.

This is a video of me rotating the character around with the mouse and both the start and end handles are parented to the player.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wxAzr2T...cQFH4/view

I've also noticed that when changing the length of the rope in runtime sometimes causes errors. Maybe this can be a related issue?
The errors occurs when calling ObiRopeCursor.ChangeLength here:
ObiRopeCursor.cs In RemoveParticles() and AddParticles() methods because "bendingBatch" variable is null.

bendingBatch.SetParticleIndex(constraint - 1, distanceBatch.springIndices[hotConstraint * 2 + 1], ObiBendConstraintBatch.BendIndexType.Second, rope.Closed);
bendingBatch.SetParticleIndex(hotConstraint, distanceBatch.springIndices[constraint * 2], ObiBendConstraintBatch.BendIndexType.First, rope.Closed);

This is what I use to change length and UV at runtime:
https://i.imgur.com/PCH7mSI.png

Amazing Support btw! I really do appreciate all your help so far Sonrisa

Messages In This Thread
handles on Obi Rope cause twitching - by khalvr - 06-02-2018, 03:52 PM
RE: handles on Obi Rope cause twitching - by Semih - 11-04-2018, 11:04 AM