Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Raising stickiness in collision material makes particles spastic but not sticky
Quote:Is the knife a kinematic rigidbody once you pick it up?

No, I'm using HurricaneVR. Everything is force-based, just like Boneworks. It's really cool because that actually allows you to kind of feel the resistance of fluids in obi since they apply force to your hand.

Quote:There should be no jittering when using stickiness... my guess is the mass ratio between the fluid and the knife is very large. See the included "Fluid Viscosity" sample scene for reference.

Okay, so drastically reducing the density of the fluid or increasing mass of the knife does make it start to stick a little bit. However this means either my fluid has to have a density of 10 or less which means I can't properly weigh it any more, or I have to increase the mass of my knife to at least 100 which means it's to heavy to pick up and even if I increase hand strength it would still cause havoc when colliding with any of the lighter objects.

This does not affect the jittering at all though, its exactly the same even when i change the mass ratio by a factor of 1000.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raising stickiness in collision material makes particles spastic but not sticky - by locque - 25-03-2022, 01:04 PM