Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Newby lost, Trying to make a robe bridge
(28-03-2022, 10:42 AM)josemendez Wrote: Correct.

You must attach the planks to the rope somehow, right?. You can't magically have planks attached to the rope without actually telling the engine they must be attached and where along the rope(s) you wish to attach them.

If you were to use Unity's joints to do this, you'd be in the exact same situation: you would need to manually create all individual joints in-between the planks and attach them to the plank rigidbodies. For long bridges with a lot of planks this is a huge time sink indeed.

However doing this manually isn't the only option. You can also create attachments programmatically, or even just the underlying constraints. This does require some C# scripting skills on your part. See Adding/removing constraints in the scripting section of the manual: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...aints.html

If you're going to have multiple bridges in your game, writing yourself some sort of BridgeBuilder script that automatically creates the ropes, places the planks, and attaches them to the ropes would be a time saver in the long run.

I do have some skill in C#, so i'm going to take a look to make a bridge builder, if i can only have to place the 'start' and 'end' of the bridge and have it create bridge it would be quite faster then doing it by hand. I'm surprise to not see obi use to make bridge.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newby lost, Trying to make a robe bridge - by oppay - 28-03-2022, 10:56 AM